Biomass feedstock processed through our downdraft gasifier exits the machine either as a synthetic fuel gas or as a high-carbon biochar. There is no ash product that requires disposal.
The charcoal-like biochar is consistently 96% biobased carbon with a high BTU content. It can be used as:
- Fuel for cement kilns or other operations that utilize solid material
- Agricultural soil amendment that substantially increases the water and nutrient holding capabilities of most growing media
- Base material to produce carbon black, a valuable industrial colorant
- Filtering agent for liquids or gases to remove containments or odors, since the biochar shares many chemical properties with activated charcoal
- Aries GREEN™ is a high carbon content biochar for use as an all-natural soil conditioner and agricultural soil amendment, fuel, a filtering agent, and a base material for the production of fabric, carpet, rubber, plastic and carbon black. It has been certified by the USDA and the International Biochar Institute. It is made in the USA (Tennessee to be specific). The official announcement can be found here: https://ariescleanenergy.com/press-release-aries-green-biochar-certified-by-usda-and-the-international-biochar-institute/
In most cases, about 85% (by weight) of the raw material gasified is converted to fuel gas with the remaining 15% becoming biochar.