Franklin, TN – Project Engineer
May 15, 2020
Position Title: FRANKLIN, TN - Project Engineer
Reports to: Director, Projects
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
FLSA exemption status: Exempt
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO INFO@ARIESENERGY.COM - THANK YOU
Aries Clean Energy is developing a pipeline of waste recycling bio-energy projects at sites across the US. Aries intends to develop inhouse execution capability to manage and/or self-perform specific scopes of the engineering coordination and construction work. Aries is responsible for fabrication and supply of proprietary equipment to its projects. The position will be responsible for assigned aspects of project implementation activities in the Engineering phase, procurement support, and construction under the direction of the Director of Projects.
Key Responsibilities and Important Duties
- Primary responsibility will be supporting and/or managing implementation and coordination of detailed engineering between the Aries Engineering Department and the Project Management group.
- Supporting the procurement and construction activities for one or multiple Aries gasifier projects as assigned. This may at times also include managing enhancement small projects as needed.
- Plans, schedules and executes daily project activities / sub-activities planned for the project
- Review project budget, prepare and report cost status and projections
- Reports and communicates project progress to Aries Project Management Team
- Arrange site progress meetings with contractors and suppliers
- Vendor and sub-vendor coordination and management
- Plan and manage shop inspections
- PO monitoring and expediting
- Review bid tabs
- Change Order Development and Scoping
- Monitor activity progress and address deviation from plans
- Planning/Scheduling of resource requirements for projects
- Coordinate design issues with team and facilitate resolution of inter-discipline conflicts.
- Support discipline engineers and other team members so they can perform their jobs efficiently.
- Document decisions made through all forms of communication with clients and team members.
- Manage changes to engineering and project scope and obtain written client approval on all changes before proceeding with work.
- Manage assigned project budgets; familiar with Earned Value Analysis
- Ensure timely invoicing and collection of payments from clients.
- Assist with closeout of assigned projects including transmittal of final documentation to client
- Field support work, including project controls, QA/QC, RFI management.
- Provide feedback with remedial action plans to Project Management as required
- Identify, analyze and manage potential project activity risks
- Build relationships with Aries team members, contractors, vendors and suppliers
- Work as a safety advocate to ensure safe execution of activities on site
- Interface with Accounting to ensure cost reporting and accounting practices are maintained
- Develop project execution plans and schedules; draft scope of work for subcontractors, identify subcontractors and obtain quotes.
- Identify and report schedule impacts, maintain accurate and fully authorized MOC records, and accurate and updated communication logs.
- Coordinate all equipment acquisitions through Aries Manufacturing Department
- Participate and lead site progress meetings with contractors and suppliers as required.
- Obtain costing data, prepare and manage RFQ’s from Vendor and sub-vendors
- Travel up to 60%, including on-call and weekends at certain times of year to meet project requirements for site visits, contractor & vendor meetings, field work, site inspections, and/or project team meetings
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical and/or Civil Engineering
- 10+ years working experience
- 7+ years project execution experience
- PMP or Project management courses completed will be an advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of engineering management systems (Stage gate processes)
- Proficiency in project engineering / management skills, i.e. planning, scheduling, expediting, budgeting and cost control
- MS Projects and/or Primavera 6.0, Microsoft Office
- Project budgeting
- Proficiency in project engineering / management, i.e. planning, scheduling, expediting, budgeting and cost control
- Facilitation skills (design reviews, construction bids, site visits, etc.)
- Project closeout documentation and process experience.
- Startup and commissioning experience are beneficial
- Excellent innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Experience in Project budgeting
- Cost estimating experience
- Skilled in application of engineering and project management software, i.e. Microsoft Office including MS Projects and/or Primavera 6.0 and Visio,
- Experience working with project document control and management systems such as ProCore or Aconex.
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment under demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently and proactively with minimal supervision.
- Effective written/verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Self-starter and assertive who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality
- Self-motivated to accomplish the individual and company goals and objectives
- Team oriented / ability to work in a team (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. The contents of this description are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.