Production and Fabrication Manager
August 1, 2019
Position Title: Production and Fabrication Manager
Department: Project Management
Reports to: Director of Projects
Location: Franklin, TN
FLSA exemption Status: Exempt
Aries Clean Energy is developing a pipeline of waste recycling bioenergy projects at sites across the US. Aries is responsible for the sales and supply of its own proprietary bio-gasification equipment to all Aries projects. The Production and Fabrication Manager will be responsible for managing detailed design activities for Aries proprietary equipment, evaluation of fabricators, shop drawings reviews, and oversight and coordination of fabrication for quality control, timely completion and coordination for delivery to project sites. Additionally, the Fabrication Engineer shall work with the Aries engineering team to integrate the gasifier packages and associated components into 3D models with a focus on constructability and economic fabrication. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Responsibilities and Important Duties:
- The assurance that all parts and components related to equipment supplied by Aries Clean Energy are delivered on schedule and to the specifications set forth by the company.
- The oversight of fabrication of all fabricated parts either constructed by the company or fabricated for the company or purchased to be used by the company.
- This responsibility includes but not limited to the design, construction techniques, fabrication practices, welding process and types, assembly techniques, quality assurance methods and operational assurances.
- Responsible for overseeing production and qualifying all company supplied parts.
- Costing projects and negotiating schedules and cost with manufacturing vendors.
- Ensuring quality standards and all dimensional properties are maintained.
- Implementing process design concepts and intentions into real-time designed models prepared for production and really for assembly.
- Travel requirements: 50%
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Equivalent and;
- 8+ years post university working experience including design office and fabrication plant.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Capable of creating 3-Dimensional modeled assemblies of complete and operational machinery.
- Capable of operating Drawing and Modeling software, 3-D CAD, CADWorks
- Capable of understanding machine tolerances for proper machine design and long machine life.
- Understanding of manufacturing Quality Assurance practices and policies.
- Strong understanding of materials and their properties with knowledge of how different materials react together,
- along with the understanding of machining and fabrication tolerances.
- Knowledge of materials machining, cutting and welding.
- Working knowledge of insulators and refractories.
- Knowledge of mechanical drives, gears drives, augers, conveyors.
- Ability to read precision instruments with an understanding of how-to setup for Quality Assurance audits.
- Ability to read and understand construction and fabrication drawings as well as P&IDs and PFDs.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to lead team meetings giving an understanding of product design, construction and operation.
- Ability to explain in simple and clear terms the operation of equipment to vendors and clients.
- Excellent innovation and problem-solving skills
- Good technical and report writing skills
- Effective planning skills (project planning, outage/turnaround planning, etc.) preferred
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment under demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective written/verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter and assertive individual who takes initiative, is versatile, and who maintains a service-oriented mentality
- Team oriented / ability to work in a team (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
Please upload your resume and cover letter here, or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com