October 23, 2018
Position Title: Project Engineer
Department: Project Management Office (PMO)
Reports to: Director of Projects
Location: Franklin, TN
Key Responsibilities and Important Duties
- Home office responsibilities include engineering design reviews, engineering documentation control, preparing detailed CapEx and OpEx estimates, and preparing detailed project schedules;
- Project support responsibilities include coordinating requests for information, solving field problems with design engineering or vendor packages, estimating change orders, maintaining updated project schedules and assisting with tracking equipment deliveries and costs working with others to update Project Manager and Construction Manager as needed;
- Works closely with Project Managers, Construction Managers, Engineering Department and engineers, Procurement Specialist; Equipment Fabrication Supervisor and Project Developers;
- Support development projects and sales of Aries technology and equipment;
- Develop and manage detailed project schedules, identify and report schedule impacts;
- Prepare and maintain detailed CapEx and OpEx estimates for project using available information and design documents, performing material take offs and estimating labor, indirect and overhead costs;
- Prepare and maintain accurate project cost estimating data including past estimates, engineer’s opinion of estimate, previous projects and vendor or equipment supplier quotations;
- Prepare technical bid packages for equipment procurement and fabrication, establish technical bid criteria and requirements, evaluate proposals received and provide selection recommendations;
- Maintain project risk management log and management plan;
- Work with Environmental Permitting Engineer to ensure activities and requirements are aligned and integrated with the project schedule and design scope;
- Build relationships with Aries team members, contractors, vendors and suppliers;
- Travel up to 20% to 30% to support projects in the field.
Apply via the website here. or send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Engineering
- 15+ years working experience
- 10+ years in as a project engineer, estimator, field construction engineer
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of engineering management systems (Stage gate processes)
- Project engineering /management experience
- Proficiency in project engineering / management, i.e. planning, scheduling, expediting, budgeting and cost control
- Experience in recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Skilled in application of engineering and project management software, i.e. Microsoft Office including MS Projects and/or Primavera 6.0 and Visio, and similar software;
- Startup and commissioning experience desirable;
- Excellent innovative problem-solving skills;
- Good report writing skills;
- Experience in Project scheduling;
- Cost estimating experience;
- Experience and exposure to equipment development projects is an advantage.
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment under demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions;
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Clear and effective oral and written communications;
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinker;
- Self-starter and assertive who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality;
- Self-motivated to accomplish the individual and company goals and objectives;
- Desire and motivation for self-improvement, growth and looking for a career path;
- Team oriented / ability to work in a team (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. The contents of this description are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.