Project Engineer – Franklin, TN
September 11, 2020
Position Title: Project Engineer
Department: Project Management Office (PMO)
Reports to: Director of Projects
Location: Franklin, TN
FLSA exemption status: Exempt
** PLEASE SEND RESUME TO INFO@ARIESENERGY.COM - THANKS **
Key Responsibilities and Important Duties
Aries Clean Energy is developing a pipeline of waste recycling bio-energy projects at sites across the US. Aries uses inhouse execution capability to manage and/or self-perform specific scopes of the engineering coordination and construction work. The position is be responsible for assigned aspects of project implementation activities in the engineering, procurement support and construction phases under the direction of the Director of Projects.
General tasks in the Project Engineer’s scope include the following:
- Supports the procurement and construction activities for one or multiple Aries gasifier projects as assigned. This may at times include managing small enhancement projects as needed
- Assists Financial and Engineering Departments in preliminary site development, project schedule baselining, and misc. project financial documents;
- Assists in 3rd party financial reviews of projects and lead document control effort to effectively track action items and convey information;
- Prepares Scope of Work documents for contractor bidding;
- Identifies and prepares bidders lists of potential EPC, Engineering, and/or General Contractors;
- Reviews bid packages including; scope, price, schedule, qualifications, and other key factors;
- Assists in review and execution of EPC, Engineering, and General Contractor contracts and records final documents;
- Leads efforts or manages 3rd parties in obtaining all required construction permits for projects prior to and during construction;
- Leads early on-site project management activities including Owner/Contractor mobilization, demolition work and site development;
- Works with Document Control in preparing project specific document control procedures and software;
- Plans, schedules and executes daily project activities / sub-activities as assigned
- Reviews project budgets, prepares and reports cost status and projections working with the Aries Project Accountant.
- Participates in site progress meetings with contractors and suppliers and takes meeting minutes.
- Prepares detailed, department resource loaded project and construction schedules;
- Updates/Tracks project schedules weekly;
- Review and integrate schedules from outside vendors while working with Procurement Manager and Aries Manufacturing for timely deliveries of equipment;
- Works closely with Project Director, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Procurement Managers, and Project Developers
- Travels up to 50%, including on-call and weekends at certain times of year to meet project requirements for site visits, contractor & vendor meetings, field work, site inspections, and/or project team meetings
Qualifications & Experience
- College degree in engineering, construction management, or related field preferred;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the EPC or construction industry
- Civil and Structural experience with exposure to industrial construction advantageous.
- 5+ years of work experience in project or project scheduling;
- 3+ years of work experience in engineering or construction management
- Proficiency in Primavera (P6) and /or MS Projects software required;
- Knowledge of engineering documentation management systems and electronic filing processes and procedures;
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio;
Skills and Requirements
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment under demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Clear and effective oral and written communications;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical thinker;
- Self-starter and assertive who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality;
- Self-motivated to accomplish the individual and company goals and objectives;
- Desire and motivation for self-improvement, growth and looking for a career path;
- Team oriented / ability to work in a team (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude). Effectively communicates with project and engineering teams;
- Ability to interpret and read drawings and schematics;
- Has ability to make and meet commitments;
- Maintains strict confidentiality of departmental data according to company policies and procedures.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. The contents of this description are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.