Project Process Engineer
March 14, 2018
Position Title: Project Process Engineer
Reports to: Director, Engineering
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
FLSA exemption status: Exempt
Aries Clean Energy is developing a pipeline of waste recycling bio-energy projects at sites across the US. The Project Process Engineer will be responsible for developing and / or managing the front end engineering packages (FEL1, FEL 2 & FEL 3) and EPC detailed engineering phase work for the Engineering department from the home office base under the direction of the Director of Engineering. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
Key Responsibilities and Important Duties
- Primary responsibility will be preparing, leading, supporting and/or managing home office engineering package development, including leading or facilitating systematic development processes and engineering sub-contractor oversight.
- Perform process and/or mechanical engineering tasks as needed to ensure design goals are met
- Prepare designs and design information for FEL 1 and FEL 2 packages, i.e. project narratives, scope definition, design basis, flowsheets, H&MB, etc.
- Prepare FEL 3 packages, i.e. develop project execution plan and schedule; develop scope of work for subcontractors, identify subcontractors and obtain quotes; update process package and equipment quotes.
- Developing work breakdown activities and schedules and planning engineering discipline work activities
- Manage the daily workflow planned for the projects
- Monitor activity progress and address deviation from plans
- Build relationships with Aries team members, contractors, vendors and suppliers
- Work with Environmental Permitting Engineer to ensure activities and requirements are aligned and integrated with the design scope
- Prepare & compile design package documentation
- Create Aries pro-forma design package documentation
- Prepare and maintain accurate project cost estimating data
- Identify and report schedule impacts, maintain accurate and fully authorized MOC records, and accurate and updated communication logs.
- Submit monthly cost to complete projections to Project Executive
- Change order log updated to verify current contract amount
- Coordinate all equipment acquisitions through Equipment and Resource Department.
- Travel up to 30%, including on-call and weekends at certain times of year to meet project requirements for site visits, meetings with regulatory entities, field work, storm water site inspections, soil and groundwater sampling, agency meetings, and/or project team meetings
- Arrange and lead site progress meetings with contractors and suppliers
- Obtain costing data, prepare and manage RFQ’s from Vendor and sub-vendors
Apply via the website here. or send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Thank you.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years working experience
- 5+ years in process and/or mechanical design experience
- 3+ years project engineering experience
- Project management courses completed will be an advantage
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of engineering management systems (Stage gate processes)
- Project engineering /management experience
- Proficiency in project engineering / management, i.e. planning, scheduling, expediting, budgeting and cost control
- Experience in recording/writing detailed technical data and reports.
- Skilled in application of engineering and project management software, i.e. Microsoft Office including MS Projects and/or Primavera 6.0 and Visio, Aspen or other simulation software, ChemCAD CADWorks, etc will be an advantage
- Facilitation skills (Hazops, design reviews, etc)
- Startup and commissioning experience
- Excellent innovative problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Experience in Project budgeting
- Cost estimating experience
- Experience and exposure to equipment development projects will be an advantage
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced environment under demanding deadlines and changing priorities and conditions.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Effective written/verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Self-starter and assertive who takes initiative, versatile, and service-oriented mentality
- Self-motivated to accomplish the individual and company goals and objectives
- Team oriented / ability to work in a team (e.g. ability to contribute as a team member through a positive “can-do” attitude).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. The contents of this description are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.